Sunday, October 19, 2008

Flower Aperture


This card was inspired by my Cricut message board friend JulieH. The flowers and leaves from Accent Essentials were welded using Cricut Design Studio to rectangles created with Plantin Schoolbook. The flowers were cut again using glitter stock with skittle centers and the leaves were cuttled underneath with tiny mosaic. I didn't realize at the time I was designing it how much you could see through to the inside so I used adhesive acetate on the same cream cardstock to back the floral design. The perimeter was cuttled with Swiss dots and a few more skittles were thrown in for good measure.(Actually because I noticed after cutting the 2 sides weren't the same size. LOL) Keep in mind this card was made back in June, barely a month after getting my Cricut and only my second attempt with design studio. There is a learning curve.

1 comment:

  1. woo hoo! way to go Donna at last we get to see all your amazing creations all in one place! Congratulations on you new blog what a fab start! Welcome to blogland!
    Hugs
    Juliex

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!