Tuesday, December 30, 2008

BBTB Birthday Girl and Presents Challenge




Okay guys, I know I'm way behind. Seems like the last two weeks were a blur and my creative mojo was somehow lost in all of the food, fun, and festivities. Although I have been doing a little designing with my Cricut Design Studio when I've finally settled down at night in front of the tv, the next morning it's been rush rush rush and the actual execution has fallen by the wayside. I apologize BUT I finally managed to make a card. The past challenges I missed over at Bitten by the Bug were to use the "Birthday Girl" cut from the Storybook cartridge and the presents from New Arrival. These seemed pretty convenient to combine, especially since I had sort of dropped the ball but really wanted to participate so here it is. I made a shaped card using Design Studio and the shadow feature, then cut the presents 3 times to get the different wrappings. Same with the bows, and I added some skittle-like flowers and adhesive pearls to decorate. "Birthday girl" was cut in shadow, then regular, then just "girl" in pink, again accented with adhesive pearls (don't you just love them?) and popped for dimension. You have no idea how happy I was to finally have something new to post. Hopefully I'm back on track and can start on this week's challenge. Be sure to stop by Bitten by the Bug and see what the fabulous designers have been cooking up.

10 comments:

  1. Boy, I hear you about trying to find the inspiration to create during the holidays...there is just too much going on!
    This is so beautiful Donna! What a great idea to combine challenges. All the layering is just stunning and I love the pearls!
    Hope you had a wonderful Christmas! Best wishes for a Happy New Year!
    -Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS!!! I love that you combined the two challenges together!!! WOW!!! All the little details are just amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. donna i love love love your style....this is so fresh and awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna, that is such a fabulous idea to combine the two challenges, and as always, you do it so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Donna fabtastic as ever!!!! I've left you a little something on my blog! Happy New Year!

    hugs

    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girlfriend, you are going out with a bang for 2008! I love this card!! This is just awesome, the way you combined both of the challenges into one card. It is perfect. I agree it is hard to find the creativity, it must be waiting for 2009...LOL An outstanding job my friend. TFS

    ~L~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness Donna, this is AWESOME! I love the colors and how you combined both challenges! BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a fabulous card! Such a great job combining the two. Hope your mojo is back cause I love seeing your work. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really sweet card Donna! I love all your work and your blog! Happy New Year!!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!