Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Cuttlebug Spot Challenge #18 and Some Exciting News







This week's challenge at The Cuttlebug Spot is to use "bling". I've had this Friends Forever set for awhile, but have never used the embossing folder. I thought the flowers begged to be jeweled with adhesive rhinestones and for added bling I embossed using mirror cardstock in a sort of dusky color ( with purple undertones). For more bling I matted it in lavender glitter paper and cut "missing you" in silver, also from the CB set. I dotted the i's with additional rhinestones and added a sweet jewel dragonfly from J's. I always forget how difficult this cardstock is to photograph, and also how the glitter paper sheds so I apologize for the pics.

I'm soooo excited to announce that as of March 1 I will be an official member of The Cuttlebug Spot Design Team along with 8 other new members. I so enjoyed being a guest member and thank you Nilda for allowing me to join your fabulous team. Click HERE to see what the talented Design Team members have done with this challenge.

19 comments:

  1. Congratulations Donna! That's wonderful!
    I love this beautiful card...the bling is perfect here!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Donna, WOOT! for you! You know, any design team would be thrilled to have you! You are just an amazing designer!!!!
    XX Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to you Donna!! I saw that you won this great invite on the Cuttle Bug Spot...you SOO very much deserve this...Whooo Hhooo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations Donna, how exciting for you. I love this card, the flowers look so pretty xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Donna and more than well deserved!!! Fabuous card I love this folder

    Hugs

    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATULATIONS, SISTER! We are officially family now! You poor thing...Love this card. The embossing looks awesome on that mirror cs and I LOVE all the bling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, you are so talented and so deserving!

    Beautiful card, with the bling in all the right places.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Donna this is so nice that bling is perfect
    hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome to the team Donna! Your past guest posts have inspired me a ton. I am really excited to see what you come up with weekly and stretch my creative inspiration too.
    Hugs
    Rheannon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woo hoo Donna - well done on making the DT - can't wait to see more of your cards. This one is gorgeous - I so wouldn't have thought to do that in those colours but it look so amazing.

    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on making the DT Donna! I have admired your work for quite some time. It is all just stunning! This will be my first DT experience. I look forward to getting to know all of you and sharing our work. Have a wonderful weekend!!!

    Aymee

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats to you too Donna! I'm really looking foward to working with you and the other DT members. What fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't have this folder, but after seeing what you have done with it, it's going on my list. What a clever idea to add the rhinestones to the flower tops. And the glitter paper is pretty. Nice job with the challenge and congrats to you too for being selected for the DT.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congradutlations Donna, I so love your cards...and this one is no exception.

    ReplyDelete
  15. super cool! Congrats on the dt too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats Donna, love your card. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG Congratulations you really do so deserve it.... i can't wait to see your creations.... this is so elegant... have a great weekend, but with news like that why wouldn't you... Crafty hugs Tina

    ReplyDelete
  18. Today is my first visit to your blog (via the Felt 101 thread on Cricut blog) and your designs are fabulous! Congrats on joining the Cuttlebug team; I can see why you were selected.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!