Monday, October 19, 2009

BTTB Christmas Solutions Sign Post Challenge (with a twist)


Happy Monday! We had a fun one at BBTB this week (don't we ALWAYS?) Well, this week we used the sign post from The Christmas Solutions cartridge but had to make it in a Halloween or Fall theme. The style to me suggests old England which brought to mind Edgar Allan Poe. I made a shaped front card and my raven is actually the bird from A Child's Year with it's tail feathers altered in Design Studio. I ran the top layer through my Xyron and and sprinkled on some Doodlebug glitter. I realize the poem says Nevermore, not Never More, but it didn't fit as one word so I thought it looked sort of like a pub name this way. LOL The sign itself was cuttled with my weathered wood folder and inked a bit. Wish the pic came out better. Quite glare on the moon inside.




Here you can see that the front is shaped a bit better and I used one of my fave Halloween papers from last year that actually is text from Sleepy Hollow inside. Hey, maybe that was what Edgar was reading when the raven came knocking at his chamber door. The moon is a circle from George and I inked it a bit to look like clouds on the inside.




Here are a couple of dimensional views. You know I wouldn't be happy without a whole lot of popping going on. LOL Now go have a peek over at BBTB what my fabulous DT sisters did with this challenge and why don't you take a stab this one yourself? I'd love to see what you come up with.

16 comments:

  1. I am in awe of this card! It is truly amazing. Does the top part of the card open and if so how did you manage that one?

    You do beautiful work!

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. FABULOUS!!! Love the whole spooky feel to this card, Donna!! Awesome dimension (of course) and cool bird!! Fantastic take on the challenge! I love it!! hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is so Edgar Allan Poe-ish! I love what you did with this challenge. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna, this is hauntingly spectacular, the color, that moon, your details are as always glorious. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Donna, i am in awe of your creativity, you always produce such awesome projects, this is amazing!!!
    Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. gosh this is really cool..what a great way to turn one idea into another! and your right it has this cool old time spooky bar feel! I can just imagine us there with our corseted dresses and a bottomless beer....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Donna this is Fabulous!!! Edgar would be so proud of his Never More Raven.... Truly fabulous job!!!

    xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. As always, Donna, a darling, absolutely darling card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. AWESOME JOB, DONNA! Ya know, the more I look at it, the more it looks like a raven! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not only is this AMAZING Donna, but I love that you have a story to go along with it! Too cool girlie! I LOVE IT! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You rocked the challenge this time, and I'm voting for you! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Donna you have done it again, what a fab card. Definitely has the 'English pub sign' look about it. Just love all the popping and the crow is fab.

    hugs
    Kaye x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Creepy cool Donna! Love the old English look!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my Donna, I don't know how I missed this the other day. It is gorgeous! Love the embossing! Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!