Friday, June 25, 2010

Oh Alice! Crazy for Daisy Chains Challenge


Yesterday I did not craft. My room was such a mess that I literally couldn't walk around or find ANYTHING. It was causing me so much duress I HAD to clean it up (and believe me, I have a huge tolerance for clutter, LOL). Fortuanately this morning I was able to get right in and do the challenge for Oh Alice! which is a sketch done by the fabulous DT member Tasha along with daisies or a similar flower. I LOVE this sketch and remembered I had what looks to me like a daisy chain trim right in my stash (AND I was able to find it, WooHoo!) so I used it to create the swish from the sketch. I followed it quite literally with a few extra embellishments. The gorgeous stamp is a Sweet Pea by Elaine Cox, colored with my Copics, cut and matted with my Petite Ovals Nesties. The sentiment is from Sassy Studio Designs and the gorgeous crocheted flowers are hand made by Leah at Paper Blossoms. (I'm afraid it doesn't look like she's selling them anymore, but they're lovely!)
The daisy chain created qite a bit of bulk so both the plaid mat (Basic Grey Kioshi) and the image are popped. (Who am I kidding? You know I would have popped them anyway. LOL) Thanks for another great challenge, ladies! xxD

15 comments:

  1. Hi Donna,
    I love the colours and papers you have used on this card. the Alice image is so sweet and beautifully coloured. I love it.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is so sweet, love your Alice, the crocheted flowers are perfect. I love it. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first things I noticed were those little crocheted flowers. They are gorgeous and fit so perfectly with this card! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Donna. That card is adorable! I love those crocheted flowers (I'll have to do some of those)!!!

    Your craft room sounds like mine before you "decluttered" it. I really need to clean mine -- can't find a thing; I'm using only what I can get my hands on, hee-hee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a unique sketch and you made it POP! Donna! :) Love the image and the colors. Very cheerful and summery.

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just made one of those crocheted flowers the other day...
    I love your "Alice"... and love all the awesome details you add to your cards. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna,
    This is so adorable - I love the almost country feel to the card. How much do you love your Copics? Now that I'm just entering the world of stamping and I've only used Magic Pencil - I REALLY want Copics! Ugh - my hubby is going to kill me when he finds out how much those cost!!! LOL
    Beautiful Card - good luck in the challenge!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your coloring is perfect, Donna... lovely color palette chosen here... Love the trims and the gorgeous flowers too... And guess what? I'm wearing the same shade of Jade/Teal colored nail paint today ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ohhh Donna...this turned out darling....great job on the sketch and I just adore those crochet flowers...not to mention your coloring is simply perfect....great daisy chain also...hugs my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Donna-
    Great use of the BG Kioshi paper. That's one line that I have a hard time using - although it's still beautiful. It coordinates so well with your project. And, I love the other 3-D objects you used.
    NJB

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is great..I love the coloring and the sketch is great as well as the gorgeous hand made flowers!
    As usual I love the colors and the prints you choose!

    How are you liking a bit more tidy of a craft space?

    I have been playing all morning with trying to do some photo editing stuff..took too much time! LOL!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, this turned out so cute! Love how you used that cute ribbon to mimic the wave on the sketch! What?! Only 2 pearls!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. so delicate...you do so great no matter what they throw at you.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card Donna. Love the colors and paper and ooooh thoses flowers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh...I know what it's like, not being able to find anything!!!

    Gorgeous card, my dear!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!