Monday, December 20, 2010

BBTB2 Just Because Cards Gingerbread Challenge


It's the last challenge of the year for BBTB2 and our dear and wonderfully talented sister Julie, from across the pond, has chosen the gingerbread boy from Just Because Cards. Okay, I've been talking about emotions this time of year, and oops! here comes another one. Can anyone relate? I honestly planned this totally differently but you know about those best laid plans, especially this time of year. The card shape is also from JBC but for some reason I thought that folding it so there were two layers of the scallops showing when the card was closed would be a good idea.

The sentiment is self explanatory (and is a personal fave for when I'm asked to do yet ANOTHER thing INSTEAD of what I need to get done). It's cut from the checked mat using a font from Winter Woodland. Unfortunately when I was done and looked at it from a distance (like in the pic) the T looks more like an F. I planned on popping that mat, but that made it worse. I guess in a way you could call this a tent topped card with gingy hanging off the top of the card like that. Can't wait to find an envie for this one. LOL The rick rack trim and photo corners are EKSuccess punches, the DP is from the DCWV Homemade Christmas stack, buttons are Recollections and the tiny cookie cutters (I've been hoarding) are by Jesse James Beads from my LSS.(CUTE!!!!)

Didn't want to post this this morning until I got the inside done and it took me 2 1/2 hours to find the card in all this chaos. I even had DH looking for it. (Big mistake, caught lots of crap about my organizational skills, not to mention the sheer VOLUME of stuff I've got) The Merry Christmas is ribbon from M's. The tag is cut from TBBM with a computer generated sentiment. The epoxy stickers are Cloud 9. I actually think it's sort of funny and very reflective of my general mood at the moment (NO, I'M NOT DONE DECORATING AND I KNOW IT'S ONLY 5 DAYS AWAY!) But actually I'd love a bite (of a gingerbread cookie, they're my fave!) FaLaLa!
Now pop by BBTB2 to see the yummy contributions from my DT sisters and on behalf of all of us at BBTB2, we wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

19 comments:

  1. Oh dear Donna you sound like I feel lol! I have so much to do too and the snow is stopping me getting out to even finish present shopping I feel like a real bah humbug!
    Love your card though with your cheeky sentiment! The gingham is gorgeous and you just reminded me I have those cookie cutter buttons... somewhere!!
    I'm sure we'll get everything done by the big day we always do but in the meantime to relieve the stress I say have a glass of wine!!
    Big Hugs
    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I really have no idea how I ever found your blog (probably hopping from one blog to the next through links on the side)...but to be honest, your blog is the #1 must view each and everyday (even over the big giants of Mypinkstamper and the other Cricut DTers).

    I absolutely love your blog because of the versatility of your cards (shaped, stamped, embossed, embellished, etc) your wide range of techniques and layouts, varying color palettes, and different themes (I would never make any of the macabre cards myself, but I love every unique one you do make!).

    Your style is ever changing, but distinctly you, with your signature layers upon layers, embellishments/adhesive beads, but still not overwhelmingly cluttered.

    I admire your immense artistry and creativity and enjoy every card you produce. They bring me some inspiration (to branch out on my creativity here and there) but mainly, it's wonderful eye candy to visit every morning and to live vicariously through your creative efforts! Thank you so much for all your postings!

    Juliet

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love gingerbread men and I love the sentiment for this it is sheer brilliance. I love this and tell your hubby you can never have too much SCHTUFF! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you do make me laugh! Your card is just awesome and it just may be the perfect card for a couple of people on my list, but alas not this year. Great take on the challenge and screw the details if you don't get all of the decorating exactly how you want it!!! Have a glass of wine and enjoy the season!
    xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Donna,
    I love this card. Great gingerbread man. I love the shape. I hope everything is falling into place for Christmas - the snow hasn't helped here. Anyway have a great time.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Donna....you are too too funny. I love your card and love the sentiment. I used to stress over the holidays until I finally found a way to get rid of all the stress....I don't do ANYTHING anymore...I don't decorate, I don't bake, I don't entertain...yes....BAH HUMBUG! We now go to my sister's house.....problem solved!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Donna, this is just to dang cute! Your card reminds me of the childs story You Can't Catch Me...I'm The Gingerbread Man. The inside sentiment is too cute! I want to say Merry Christmas now, just in case I don't get a chance to visit again until after Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw that card base after I did my card and was so mad at myself I didn't see it when I first looked for Mr. Gingerbread Man :-) Love the saying--my husband says it on a daily basis and I'm pretty sure he is thinking the same way as you!
    Maria :-)
    PS: Those embellishments are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh good heavens this is one cute card and I can't say enough how I love that sentiment. Tis the season!...
    Really cute, girl.
    Hugs
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  10. Donna this is sooo cute! You always have the perfect papers! Love it! And Merry Christmas to you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Donna this is just FABULOUS!!! The gingham "tablecloth" background is perfect and your sentiment and tag just the right touch! Awesome job - even IF it took a while to find ;)
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  12. well you are a glutton for punishment if you asked dh to help find!!! ROFL. IT is precious inside and out and hope things will simmer down for yah! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Donna, just wanted to pop in to say have a Blessed Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Years!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey, we all enjoy it being the holidays at your house during Valentines...so no worries!!!!
    Love the "Bite Me" sentiment, and for those that know you..its fitting! hehe!
    I really do love this and how the gingerbread man is off the top of the card! Really cute and the inside...oh and those teeny tiny cookie cutters...SO in love w/ those!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, he is so cute and I LOVE the sentiment. It made me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the bite me sentiment. I've been so cranky and had to say NO! so many times that I feel like a Scrooge! It's a perfect card for me this year. lol Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Donna, this card is darling!! Hope you have a Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This card is just super cute!!! After all the macabre, I almost forgot you could do such cute cards! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have been so busy, I havent had a chance to check out any blogs, but I'm so glad things have slowed down and I took the time to visit !!I LOVE this card ! lol Love the traditional colors and the sentiment is just too cute !!
    I hope you have a wonderful Christmas !!!
    xoxo Joy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!