Sunday, December 19, 2010

Blue Christmas


Don't ask. No, I'm no further along with ANYTHING I actually HAVE to do. DH wanted to go to Carmel yesterday so I ditched my decorating and DT card plans and off we went. Even with crap weather it's a magical town.

This card, however, has been in my mind for quite awhile, and oops, yes, it's another KennyK (can't help it, I LOVE them and I sure had good luck last time). This image is Devilish Donna (wonder why she's my FAVE, LOL) with a little Santa hat from Xmas Accessories. She's colored with Copics with some added shimmer from Spica pens with some Stickles on her hat for good measure. The card stock is some shimmery Bazzil with a glitter paper mat and the pine boughs and snowflakes are MS punches. With the added gems, pearls and yummy ribbon, I think this will definitely qualify for the Digital Tuesday Sparkling Christmas (plus digi) Challenge as well as the Copic Creations challenge which is also Sparkle, don't you? I'm also entering it in the Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge Show Us Some Snow. (Tell me this challenge blog isn't right up my alley. LOL)

See her little tear? I've been listening to Christmas music and "Blue Christmas" really gets to me. In fact, nearly all Christmas songs make me tear up, not just the sad ones. What's up with that? Does anyone else get highly emotional during the holidays? So as you can imagine, this card is inspired by that song and fits in with the Sentimental Sundays Inspired by a Song Challenge.
Of course the sentiment should come as no surprise. Hope it's okay for the challenge that's it's on the inside. Just couldn't make it fit on the front. And I decorated it, no less. Quite the labor of love. I sure hope you all are with your loved ones this Christmas, but if anybody is missing anybody out there, this card's for you. xx

22 comments:

  1. Oh she's a sassy lady Donna,Love the colours and of course the red hair! Fabulous card Love the ms branch in blue, looks gorgeous! Beautifully done on the inside too!
    Pass the tissues girly I cry at the christmas songs too!
    Hugs
    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna,
    This is a gorgeous card. I love the blues and the fabulous image.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really pretty, Donna! She looks more angelic than devilish, especially with all the soft, powder blues. Love how you used the branch punch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scootch over JulieH, I'm sitting on the bench with you and I've brought my tissues :) I'm definitely emotional over the holidays! The Grinch's heart growing three sizes did me in the other night :D I figure it's just because it's a time for reflection and remembering Christmases past, no matter how joyous, makes me very sentimental.
    I *love* the card Donna! The colors are lovely and she's just a doll!!
    Merry Christmas Donna to you & yours and all the best for the New Year! <3 Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. dear donna...the doll is as precious as you...hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The papers are wonderful! The punches too! Well done! Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy this time! Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really very pretty! Really love this shade of blue! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A MOST EXCELLENT CARD, even if I was half expecting you to write that you made this in honor of the movie "Cry Baby," lol!

    I love the song Blue Christmas...what a great sentiment! I'm loving the blue MS branches too!

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. very gorgeous card and the image is fab x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Devilish Donna looks sooo pretty on those soft blues - maybe she's all talk - LOL. Gorgeous job - love all your fabulous details!
    And don't stress about the decorating - we all seem to forget this itme of year is for family and FUN!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is simply stunning. And yes, it is perfect for my family this year. I think you know about what's been going on with us. I think the card is so beautiful!!! I love that her hair matches yours! The snowflakes and branches are so pretty. Really an amazing work of art, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I see the devilish resemblance, lol, darling card, great stamp. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card! Love the soft blue colors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is absolutely beautiful. I truely love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Donna!
    I'm a sucker for sad songs in general but white Christmas always gets me as it reminds me of when my Granddad used to sing along to it ;0) Fabulous card both outside and in.
    Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a peaceful New Year and look forward to seeing more of your fab work in 2011!
    Warm winter hugs
    Lana xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my! Another of your little redheaded vixens? Named Donna, no less - LOL. She is adorable, poor little sad girl. I wish you a non-blue, happy, happy Christmas sweetie!

    xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  17. She looks JUST like you! I don't know who likes Kenny K more--me or you! But I do know that you do a much better job with them than me :-)
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a pretty card Donna, I love the pale blue and the snow flakes are placed perfectly. Hope you have a wonderful tim in Carmel despite the crappy weather!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So beautiful! Love your color combo, the sentiment is perfect!
    Thank you so much for sharing this with us at digital tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oooh Donna I just ♥ this card! I've been staying away from Kenny's images cuz if I know me I'll buy a bazillion of them and not use half of them. But hey, if I use the other half right?! LOL!! So cute and love the color combo! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your devilish Donna card (and yes, of course, I can figure out why it's one of your favs -- LOL!).

    Donna, I really wish I could color with copics as nice as you do. I'm still practicing but it doesn't seem as though I'm progressing; oh well, I'll just keep on "truckin"! With all my practicing, I've got to do better one of these days, huh?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!