Thursday, December 30, 2010

Happy Crimbo Limbo!


Oh dear, I do so apologize! I've never left my blog for 5 whole days but this year Christmas just got away from me. I intended to spend this week experimenting with new goodies and having all the time in the world to craft until a bit of a pumbing fiasco left me stressed to the max with water coming out of the recessed lighting canisters, tools everywhere, my bathroom off the craft room out of commission and eventually a hole in the kitchen ceiling. Hope everyone's holiday was super and you're ready to ring in the New Year with joy, hope, and intense creativity.

I just had to sneak in one last challenge for one of my FAVE Stamp companies, Stampotique. The Stampotique Designer's Challenge is to use punches and die cuts and this week requires Stampotique stamps only. (No prob, I own a ton!) So how do you like my title? I have to say I've been tickled by the expression "Crimbo" many of the blogs from my friends across the pond. Of course I recognized it as "Christmas", but I wanted to investigate further and Googled the term. That's where I found "Crimbo Limbo". HA! The Urban Dictionary defines it as: The period after Christmas Day and before New Year's Eve mainly spent sitting down and eating lots of leftovers. Many find it extremely dull. There's also something about giving oneself alcohol poisoning, but I'm sure that doesn't apply to anyone here. (LOL)

So here are Winter and Weasel, out of the house, bored out of their mind, and ready to pelt the next unsuspecting passerby with snowballs. That always was a secret fear of mine when I saw idle youths out in the snow. Fortunately that doesn't happen where we live now in CA but memories still linger. (Shudder!)
The sentiments are computer generated, even the teeny one on the sign. I just stamped the image and messed with the sizing on the computer until it looked like it would fit. I printed it and used my light table to make sure, and then used removable tape to secure Weasel in place and ran it back through the computer. Voila! The large Snowflake is a Cuttlebug Die, the snowy hills with trees is an EK Success punch and the one with snowmen is a Martha Stewart.

So all that was left was a little inking, Stickles, pompoms and popping. This card makes me giggle. Hope you like it too. There's still time to enter this fabulous challenge. And the winner will receive a $30 gift certificate to Stampotique (be still my heart!). Random org, too, so I wonder what my lucky number will be. (Keeping fingers crossed)

16 comments:

  1. You know I loves me some Torrente images from Stampotique, and this card is awesome! LOVE the pairing of those two with the piles of snowballs. Just perfect! I have a rather long wish list of Mr. Torrente's images that I still want/need so maybe I should play along too. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just brilliant, love the sentiment and the colours are fab plus your colouring is most excellent x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card with those great stamps! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designers Challenge # 21.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute, cute, cute, I love the aqua blue used on Christmas cards! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card put a smile on my face, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crimbo, huh? First time I'm hearing of it, but I always thought there should be a catchy name for this one particular week. Great use of the punch and, oh yeah.... dig your balls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sorry to hear about your water problem.. I have been there before and it's not fun.. I hope you had a MAGICAL Christmas... and of course I love your amazing card.. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice!!

    I've been MIA for a long time as usual :-(.... hope you haven't forgotten me yet! ;-) Wish you and your family a very Happy New Year!

    Hugs,
    Smita

    ReplyDelete
  9. me thinks you are wonderful, this is so funny and I too love Crimbo Limbo, thanks so much for the word facts and Happy New Year. Hope your mess and frustration are vanished, Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Donna, I too love the crimbo limbo, and just coming to visit you makes me smile too see what you come up with next. Love this fabulous card, you have an amazing talent. Sorry I have been mia, I wish I was up to visiting more often but will see how the health goes in 2011. Wishing you a wonderful New Year. Thanks so much for not giving up on me, visiting throughout the year and leaving the sweetest comments. Hugs Jodie from Oz

    ReplyDelete
  11. fabulous card! love the sentiment, actually I love the whole card! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry about the water problem Donna...lucky it wasn't over all your supplies :-) This card reminds me of my husband and me last night on New Year's Eve!
    Maria :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, sorry hear about your dilemma. But I do love your card!!!!!!! Nice work as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are one amazing talented lady Donna.. wouldn't that be fun to get together some day and celebrate our hubbies birthday's.. hugs my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope your plumbing fiasco is all fixed now! I love your card! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card with lots of details. Love the little snowballs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!