Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Happy New Year at the Cuttlebug Spot


Since this is the last challenge for The Cuttlebug Spot until after the New Year, we're celebrating 2011. Had a bit of a tough time with this since I'm not even close to being ready for Christmas, so the thought of New Year's puts me over the edge) but I browsed through my pics for something "New Year's related" and came across this vintage photo from (?) and thought it was a hoot. I printed it 4 times and cut it out with decreasing sizes of my Nesties Classic Rectangles so I could get the pyramage effect. The fun shaped mats behind are Nesties Wonky Squares (I even love the name!) and the white one is embossed with the Cuttlebug Seeing Spots folder. (Looked like all the bubbles in the photo) The larger mat is cut from holographic paper which was sort of difficult to cut because there's a thin sort of plastic coating which didn't want to cut through, even after running is serveral times through the Cuttlebug. The groove was certainly enough to allow me to carefully follow the lines with my scissors, though. Phew! the large black mat is embossed with the Cuttlbug Polka Dots folder which is 5x7. Wish they all were.
The image layers were popped to give the 3D effect and I thought the tinselly fiber looked sort of festive and vintage. 2011 is cut with the Quickutz Haunted Mini Alphabet. (Yes, I know it looks like the Cricut Blackletter font, but I really try hard to keep my Cuttlebug Spot cards all Cuttlebug whenever possible.) The stars are peelies. So I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season but still has time to stop over to The Cuttlebug Spot to see the rest of the DT projects, which are infinitely more creative than mine. Nilda is even giving you a break by only requiring a comment to be in the running for this week's prize from The Craft Barn. Okay, gotta go. Another hair appointment and then back to the city. When the heck I'm I gonna finish my decorating?

14 comments:

  1. Hi Donna,
    Wow what an amazing card. I love the decoupaged image and the black and white combo. Fabulous card.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another FABULOUS card, i love the 3D look. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear ya! I ain't ready, either!!!

    Your card, however, is GORGEOUS m'dear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome - don't be offended by your image makes me think of Rocky Horror, which is always a good time! Great job on the 3-D, and do I even need to tell you that I love it??? :-)

    xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome New Years card! I love the pyramage effect and the Wonky Square Nesties are so cool. I haven't seen them but you can bet they are now on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great technique donna..loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for your comments, have put the drawing as a digi on my blog if u want it x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowzer...this is simply fantastic. I love the wonky squares, the image, the layers, the wonderful 2011.
    Hugs
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just been catching up on all your marvellous creations! You are one CLEVER lady Miss Donna! LOVE popping in to see what you get up too! This is another stunner!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how fabulous and vintage chic Donna, Love the image and the monochrome effect on this gorgeous card!
    Hugs
    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Donna--I love her, it is a her right, LOL! Love the technique!
    Maria :-)
    Now go finish your decorating!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love-love-love it, and all the layering. This is one I'll try to scraplift! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!