Friday, December 24, 2010

Just One More


Are you ready? I'm not, but you know some things just aren't gonna get done this year. Some things are just more important. (Who is this girl and what have you done with Donna? LOL) No really, I will breathe deep and let it go. One more card for my love. Couldn't pass up The Christmas Present, another of the images I won from Sassy Studio Designs. Don't think he'll be able to pass her up either. Colored with Copics with some Spica shimmer, DP is SEI Wintersong (some of my fave!) Chipboard tag is K&Co.
It took me awhile to figure out what was hair, what was ribbon, and what was skin on this image, especially since I started it at 3:30 am. LOL I cut her out using my Nesties Beaded Ovals and used Distress Ink in Tumbled Glass for highlights. I thought of quite a few sentiments, but I think the one I finally chose is the right one.
The mat is popped to give it some dimension and take a look at that gorgeous ribbon. I usually don't write on my cards as part of the design, but besides the fact I couldn't figure out how to use the computer to print on a dimensional tag, I think it's more personal in this case...VERY personal. : )
As you can see, the window goes through all of the layers. I'm surprised I managed to get it lined up. Truly a labor of love, especially this late in the game. Merry Christmas, Darling xx All I want for Christmas is you!

18 comments:

  1. Ooolala! I think you will be having a Merry Christmas! That is what I am wishing for you -- and a very Happy New Year!

    Barb xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna,
    Beautiful creation. Have a fabulous romantic Christmas.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What guy wouldn't want a card like this for Christmas? Fabulous Donna, I'm sure it wit be greatly appreciated ;)

    Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing creation,hun,love it
    wishing you and your family a wonderful xmas too hun,love hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, Donna, what a wonderful card!!! I'll have to come back later to catch up on all your wonderful creations I've missed (now that I've finally gotten through my "ordeal"). However, I had to stop by to wish my friend -- you, silly -- and your family a very special and wonderful holiday!!!

    I'll be seeing you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty and merry christmas
    kitty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! WOW! This is GORGEOUS!!!!! Have a VERY MERRRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Donna this is gorgeous and your honey is gonna love it, Merry Christmas. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Donna,
    This card is just perfect, the oval and the ribbon, the colors. Merry Christmas to you both from Mexico.
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Donna, this is one snazzy card.... It just could not be any prettier. How I love that ribbon.
    Merry Christmas, my friend.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  11. Think I can just show this card to MY husband...he didn't get one, LOL! He would probably pass out on the floor in shock (a GOOD shock)! You have a very lucky man! But, then again, he is VERY lucky to have someone like you! Hope you both had a WONDERFUL Christmas!!!
    Maria :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! I bet he really enjoyed this card! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas, plumb full of smiles!

    Hugs
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Merry Christmas to one of my favorite girlies! I have to agree with everything Maria wrote - can I just show your card to Doug??? That is super-great and David is a lucky man!!

    Big hugs to you,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww Iove these cards!!!!
    Both are great and the tingly jingly one really go me!!!!
    LOL!!!!!
    I was going to share my secret for having Santa love me so much but didn't want to freak anyone out on my blog....hehe!
    Love you much!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. More sass than pop-dots!

    Hope you had a Merry Christmas and I can honestly say that I'm looking forward to the new year and all that your blog has to offer, especially since the new girl (I quote, "Who is this girl and what have you done with Donna?") seems to be a wee bit sassier!

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is so lovely, hope it's appreciated x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card, I'll bet hubby loved it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!