Sunday, December 12, 2010

Macabre Monday Colorblind Christmas


This week at Haunted Design House we've got a Colorblind Christmas. Our cards can have no red or green, not even a smidge. I've gone pretty neutral with kraft, black and white and created a stair step card.. My skellie hand is a Martha Stewart Halloween treat bag. I filled the fingers with paper strips so I could shape them a bit. It's holding an ornament which was a freebie from Tiddly Inks as well as the sentiment. The pine branches are cut on my Cricut from Joys of the Season (with the pinecones cut off) and stickled in black. I've also stamped some Tim Holtz snowflakes and inked with Distress Inks.

VERY Nightmare Before Christmas, don'tcha think? So I'm also entering it in the Smeared and Smudged Oh! the Horror! challenge. You can get a better idea of the dimension here and please don't miss the working noose hanger. LOVE that knot! LOL Now scurry off to HDH to see what the rest of the Minions did for the last challenge of the year and be sure to play along. Oh, and don't worry, we'll be back in January for plenty more creepy fun! In the meantime, Merry Spookimas!

13 comments:

  1. oh Wow Donna you never fail to amaze me - this is just incredible. I love it.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool! I have never created anything close to similar!
    I like it how you switch from cute, elegant and macabre!!!
    Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Donna,
    Wow - another fabulous spooky card. You really do these well. I lov ethe style of card you have chosen.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  4. YIKES! Are you sending this one to Sandy? LOL! Just kidding, girls. A little Monday morning humor. Donna, this is fabulous! Dig the noose!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Jack as an ornament and the hand! Your cards always end up being wonderful creations...that's why I love coming to your blog.

    Merry Spookimas to you too!

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant!!!!!!! I am so in love with this!!! What an amazing idea. Seriously. Love that you made a stair step too! Really fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome! My hubby is a big jack skellington fan and he would love this! Such a cool idea Donna :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That ornament is too stinkin' cute and the style of card is perfect with the hand. You amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another made me smile card!
    Maria :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh-oh, should have known I'd run into something macabre along the way; however, I must say it's such a cute card. Woe is me, I must admit, all your cards are! LOL!

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!