Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Peppermint Fresh from Peggy Loves Vintage


Okay, I'm officially hyper about this holiday. I told myself NO WAY would I still be decorating on Christmas EVE (like I'm usually doing) but have I even started? Of course not. Maybe today. Anyone else in a panic? I do have a solution for last minute card makers, though. I've been messing with embossing folders and punches to make some quick but beautiful cards and what better images to use than Peggy Loves Vintage? Here I used an image from Candy Cane 1 Cut Outs (also available on Peggy's Vintage Christmas CD volume 4) and I love that I was able to resize the image to fit in the center of the MS Punch Around the Page set (which if you ask me is a pretty funky size). There are 6 different candy cane images on the cut-out sheet so I plan to make a whole set. The loopy border of the image inspired which punch I chose and I adore how it came out (except for the glare on the pic, sorry).
I was going to mount it directly on the A2 card base that I embossed with the Cuttlebug Candy Cane Stripe embossing folder (don't remember where this one came from, maybe a bundle?) but decided to add a smaller red mat to show off the loops better. Then I just did 2 layers of popping and I was done! I just love how fresh and clean it came out. Be sure to visit the Peggy Loves Vintage shop and check out the variety of Cut Outs that are available for quick download and stop by the Peggy Loves Vintage Blog for inspiration (and perhaps a freebie or two).

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card....and guess what? I still haven't started decorating, either. Eeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna,
    This is beautiful. Great image but the double scalloped border is magnificent.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hell, I don't even have my tree up yet! It took me so long to put Hallowe'en away that I'm just not feelin' it this year.
    Gorgeous card though. How many do you send out very year? I had better get busy cause I only have like 15 cards made so far and I know I need more than that.
    See? I'm chock full of holiday cheer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Donna...Peggy's images are the best! I agree with you on the MS punches, the sizes that it punches isn't very friendly. We haven't even THOUGHT about decorating yet, for some reason I just can't get into it the season...maybe it will hit me 12/24!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just gorgeous Donna!! I do LOVE that border!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOW PRETTY! And easy peasy too! Now let's see... all I need is that PATP set, those PLV images, that embossing folder and THEN I could make some of these and actually send out more than 3 cards this year! LOL! See Donna, I don't really have everything. YOU DO! LOL!
    Hey, how'd that decorating turn out?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Donna

    Oh Wow this is just fabulous. I love white on white cards and this is beautiful. The candy canes are stunning and surrounded by the MS punch - perfect.

    I contacted LOTV, and they ship worldwide, I hope this helps.

    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is sooooooooo pretty! I am beyond intimidated by the MS border punches, but you ALWAYS make them look so easy on your cards...I am going to have to give them a try! Love the vintage image by Peggy!

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. you always make the best cards girl...this turned out beautifully...

    Hugs
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a stunner. I love Peggy Loves Vintage and you do her images justice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the enable! I have been resisting going and looking at all the Peggy Loves Vintage stuff you have been throwing at us, but this one might have done it! Beautiful! Want to make MY cards? I haven't even started yet!
    Maria :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!