Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Santa Claus is Coming to Town


Well, it's almost here and it's looking like the chance of me crafting is slim to none so I thought I'd share a few pix of the Santas I collect. This first one is by Stone Soup and he just cracks me up relaxing in this fruit basket.
Another Stone Soup. The real fur trim and moss colored velvet suit is so woodsy looking. Their faces are so distinctive. For me it's all about the face. He can have the greatest costume and embellies, but if the face isn't right it's just not for me.
This is the first one I got in 1998 designed exclusively for Neiman Marcus by Henderson Studio Ltd. DH didn't know what he was starting here. LOL
This guy, a Troutman Original came last year. Should have taken more pix because all of the winter sports gear on both sides of the bear's saddle is just amazing. Of course I don't get a new Santa every year but I sure do love them. Hope you do too. One pic is missing because he's not hung yet. It's Santa in a bi-plane but we've been preoccupied with hanging the new tv and fixing a plumbing leak AND the recirculating motor for our hot water heater. Wonder why I'm not done decorating? I'm getting closer though. If you want to see what I'm working on now click HERE. Almost done with the dining room. WooHoo!

11 comments:

  1. Love your santas. WOW...on the winter wonderland! Amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a Santa fanatic also and I agree it's all in the face. Your collection is awesome! Merry Christmas to you and yours and happy Santa-ing.

    Hugs!
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those Santas sure are cute! Can't wait to see your finished decorations girlfriend.

    Hugz, xx

    ~L~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Santas Donna! Way to bring in the festive spirit! :)

    Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg these are so cool, I love love love the santa on a bear how amazing is that x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Donna!!! I LOVE your Santas!!! You have an amazing eye for decorating. That is one area that I am HORRIBLE at!! I wish I could do it...I try...but it never comes out anything like this!! You are a true inspiration!!

    Happy holidays my friend! =)

    Hugs!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna your Santas are just gorgeous. Just popped by to say Happy Christmas and wish you all the best for the New Year.
    Ann xxx
    Bah! Humbug! DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwwwww.... they're almost as cute as my grandkids!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful collection of Santas and what a fabulous job you've done turning your home into a Winter Wonderland!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!