Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Happy Belated Birthday, Teri!


When we Minions party, we party HEARTY! Although it's no excuse, a few of use were still reeling from Creepy Glo's birthday and we totally missed our fabulously talented sister Minion Teri's big day on Monday. So sorry hon, but I'm sure you didn't miss the Birthday song. LOL Anyway, here's your card, as late as it may be.


I've used Teri's fab image, Skeletal Candle Holder from Teri's Delicious Doodles Store (BTW, they aren't ALL creepy for you of faint heart) and printed it out 3 times and decoupaged it. No need to color, the fab shading is all there, however I did use some Copics and stickles on the flame. The gorgeous DP is from Our own Susan's Crafty Chaos Designs. The collection is Jezebel's Remains Paper Set (How could I resist? LOL)


Here's the dimension shot. I actually cut the frame out of adhesive fun foam using my new Nesties Fleur De Lis Squares. The flowers and gems are Recollections. Hope your day was just FAB, hon, and please, please, forgive. xx

15 comments:

  1. Fantastic card Donna and the image is just sooktacular!
    Hope you are well hun
    Lana x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I am sure she will forgive you with this AWESOME card... I am always so amazed with your talent.. you would think I would used to your amazing talent... but I am not.. I am always so impressed. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gruesomingly decoupaged. Love how it turned out! Great colors! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crazy creepy and what a fun birthday card!! Totally, uniquely you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Donna,
    You are Queen of the macabre. Another outrageous creation.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  6. donna, i know i sound like a broken record, but you really never ever stop to amaze. i have been switching windows from the original digi to your post and i really have to give you an ovation. you are just too good for your own good, lol.
    i just love it....love all your work and i am always in awe after stopping by your blog.
    keep up the great work. truly an inspiration and motivation.
    hugs my sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, I forgive you hun! LOL. Awesome decoupaging!! Love the felt frame too.
    HUgs,
    Teri xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh Donna,This card is AMAZING to!GREAT job with all the details,Just FANTASTIC!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahahaha... you are hilariously in sync with me tonight! I am working on this exact image tonight and I thought to myself, "What would Donna do?" Here I was layering without colouring (you are right about colours), foam popping, etc, and then got stuck on the flame, went looking around blog world, inevitably land here, and SNAP! EXACTLY the same layer cuts. lol!!! ummmm... {insert spoooky music} doooo dooo dooo dooo. That's crazy. Will post tomorrow so you can spin out! Still laughing! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. How creepishly awesome Donna! OMG, amazing with the dimension. Flipping hell Donna I want that embossing folder so bad and went to all my scrappy stores here and not damn luck. Maybe online? I am sure your minion sister is totally pleased with her card. Thank you for putting my badges up! You are the best. Too bad you and Chloe don't live closer I think you would be the best of scrapping pals:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so freakin' cool!! I love the blood-lookin' splatters and that image is creepy with the blood red flame. Very creative! Glad I am finally getting a chance to hop around. It's been awhile for me too. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is a brill image! keep asking lily for candles but alas she is always doing something else

    gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The skulls and candle are fantastic! Your right no color needed, but I think it had a "little" to do with your layering--they are jumping out at us!! What a great idea to cut the frame out of fun foam!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!