Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Bah!Humbug!, Scraptastic Monday, and Whimsical Wednesday, WooHoo!


I can't believe it's the very last Bah! Humbug! challenge of the year. I want to thank Ann, Max and the monthly Guest Designers for the fabulous inspiration they've given me these long months. The final challenge is Cute Christmas Critters and I don't think you can get any cuter than this sweet little Christmas Penguin from Cindy's Scraptastic Designs. Better yet, I was able to enter it in the Scraptastic Monday Challenge #4 which calls for no red, green, or gold. In case you're unfamiliar with the Scraptastic Monday challenges, there's a new challenge once a week but you have 2 weeks to complete the challenge. You may use anything you like (your Cricut, rubber stamps, or digi's) as long as you follow the theme, but of course I wanted to use one of Cindy's own. For this challenge, you even get an adorable free digi for entering (showcased by Cindy's talented daughter Tiffany among the DT examples) so I know you all want to check it out and enter.

Seriously, who could resist that face? I printed him twice and colored him with Copics, then fussy cut him out along with his beak, wings (or are they called flippers?) and light strand from the second image and popped him into a Nesties Beaded Circle. The glitter snowflakes are a McGill punch and I've also added some glitter icicles punched with a MS border punch. Oh oh, I see a bit of chartreuse has snuck onto the ribbon. EEK! Quickly avert your eyes, or if I must, I'll gladly rip it off to qualify for that fabulous digi.

Here's the dimension shot. Notice the pretty bling on the light strand and snowflake centers? That's for the current Whimsical Wednesday Winter Fun Challenge that just started today and asks that you use something sparkly. I think I've got it covered with the that and the glitter snowflakes and icicles, don't you? I'm also entering this in the ABC Christmas Challenge (Y is for Yippee! Anything Goes).

13 comments:

  1. He's irresistible! I love his (her?) pudgy, squished up face! And only YOU, Donna, would fussy cut that light strand! When you said it was part of the image, I didn't believe you, so I hopped over to Cindy's to make sure you weren't trying to pull a fast one. hee hee. Love the bling on the bulbs. Care to divulge? Sounds like you had a lot of fun with this one. Kudos on all those challenges! And thanks a bunch for playing along with us fabulous girls at Whimsical Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna. I just wanted to pop by your blog and thank you for leaving such a nice comment on my blog for my elements of time piece. I truly appreciate your thoughts. And I have to say...your card is absolutely adorable!! I love the background paper, the layers of matting, the little bird is absolutely precious and your Copic marker work on him is perfect! Love the hanging icicles,too! Thanks again for stopping by my blog! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG...this is so ADORABLE! I really love the papers you used! Thanks so much for playing in Scraptastic Monday challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another totally gorgeous creation Donna - I just love your stuff.
    Thank you so much for joining our last challenge of the year at Bah! Humbug! and for being such a loyal participent throughout the year.
    Wishing you and your family an amazing Christmas and a very happy New Year.
    Ann xxx
    Bah! Humbug! DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg Donna that is just so Adorable. It really looks like that image is going to jump of that card what an awesome job. I don't think i would have the patience to fussy cut that image.

    Hugs
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! I love your design and color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Donna,OMG your card is just GORGEOUS my friend!AMAZING job with my digi and all the sweet details,I TOTALLY LOVE IT!!!BEAUTIFUL,Thank you so much for playing along at Scraptastic Mondays!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too cute. Loving the way you fussy cut this...gave the beak such a realistic look. Has such a fun festive feel, even without the traditional holiday colors. Great touch adding the bling to the string of light. Another master piece Donna:) Thanks for playing along at WD and SM:) Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning! That penguin is too cute! Thanks for playing along with the ABC Christmas Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is that talent I smell?..LOL I absolute love how versatile you are with your cards.. one can be creepy beyond belief and the next one is as adorable as can be, like this card for instance.. He/She is just way too cute..
    Thnx for sharing this with us over at Whimsical Wednesdays..
    Hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my how cute is this little guy! i just finished a card last night using him :) love every bit of your card, as always perfection from you even with the chartreuse ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. duh me, i forgot to thank you for sharing your fantasticness with us at SM AND WW :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, such a darling little penguin - love the chubby face :-) xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!