Monday, December 19, 2011

Wrap it Up Candle Challenge



This week our challenge at BBTB2 was chosen by our sweet sis Karen in honor of her Daddy's birthday. She chose the candle on the Wrap it Up Cartridge which is one I must say I hadn't touched yet. WooHoo! First I'd like to wish Karen's Dad a very happy birthday and then remind you that you can participate in our challenges using the candle from any cartridge and as long as you enter a new creation and link it to BBTB2, you're good to go. We know it's a busy time of year, and really appreciate your efforts to play along. I started out with 5 of the candles in a row (at 5 ") and welded a scalloped circle from Sweet Treats that I'd stretched into an oval in DS behind them all so I'd have a place to put a sentiment inside where it wouldn't show from the front. That, of course is welded to a rounded rectangle from George to make my card base. I cut it in black, but then had a hard time choosing papers for the inside mat because there really wasn't all that much of it showing from the front. I finally found a card suit print from Stampin'UP that was small enough and continued with that theme.


Here it is open, a shaped front, no surprise there. The smaller scallop, in red, is embossed with a folder from the Sizzix Hello Kitty Spring set (thank goodness I wrote that one on the folder, LOL). The candles were cut in black first, then in Saffron (from Stampin'Up) and gold foil for the flames. I used the larger Cuttlebug Polka Dots on the candles.


"Make a Wish" is also from Sweet Treats and I'm pretty sure I cut the layers at 2". The DP with the poker chips was also part of that Stampin'UP set (now retired, I think). The cute little acrylic cards were from my LSS. So now I've got a b-day card for our poker playing friend almost all set. (His birthday is in July, let's just hope I don't forget where I put it before then) Thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful holiday season. I know we've all got lots to do and I truly appreciate you taking the time to visit. Looks like we have a bit of an abbreviated team this week but the participants we do have are definitely worth seeing so stop on by BBTB2 and leave some Christmas cheer. Now I'm off to get boofy at the hair salon. See ya later!

12 comments:

  1. Fantastic design, Donna. I wish I had thought to emboss my candles instead of trying to cut and adhere those tiny starbursts on the front. I can't believe you're holding onto that card until July. That would never work for me. I don't have enough storage space in the RV. LOL
    I've been trying to get rid of everything I make so I don't have to worry about where to put it. Have a fabulous holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. another fabulous Cricut creation from your talented hands! Fabulous card Donn! Wanted to wish you a very Merry Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card sweetie love the dimension and the fab colours! ;) Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Where do I begin? The textures and colors are awesome! Truly impressed :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful design, Donna...love all the candles and the little cards are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there Donna. Amazing what you can do with a candle! Another fab card with ton's of dimension! Great color combo too. I am thinking I may have an idea for this one;) Thanks for the terrific inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. FABULOUS card Donna - I really love this.xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Donna,AWESOME job with this FANTASTIC card!All the details are amazing and LOVE the theme.SO COOL!Have a GREAT day my friend!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card Donna and merry Christmas to you and a happy and healthy 2012 xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card girlfriend! I see you got around to using the SU papers, and yes you are correct, they are retired. Love all the dimesions, perfect for your poker loving friend. Have a Merry Christmas!

    Hugz, xx

    ~L~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Once again, you've made a beautiful card!! Love this! Hope you have a very Happy Holiday with your hubby and cute kitties!! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!