Thursday, March 7, 2013

Outlawz Sunday CAS Challenge

I've joined The Outlawz online group and have been having fun participating in their challenges.  There's a new one for every day of the week.  Woohoo!  The Sunday challenge is always CAS but this week it's You Have Us in Stitches, a real struggle for me on both counts. I decided to take the plunge anyway, because that's what challenges are for, aren't they? 

I cut the honeycomb mat with my Cricut and used an adorable Jellypark image, Cute Bee Girl and flipped her in my Printmaster Program.  The sentiment is computer generated.  I hand drew a little bee and punched holes in the mat for the his flight and connected them with a Micron pen for the (faux) stitching.  then I popped the mat and called it done.  I have to say I kinda love it.

I'm also entering this in Penny's Paper-Crafty Stitching Challenge, the Nutcrafters Something Beginning with "B" Challenge, and the Artistic Inspirations Things with Wings ChallengeMoving Along With The Times Birds and Bees, and the Paper Players "In Stitches" Challenge.

13 comments:

  1. A super card and great use of stitching. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's and good luck.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty bee card. I love the way you cut the honeycomb

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card! I love the cut-out honeycomb and that cute little one dressed up like a bee. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He he! Very cute and simple! I smiled as soon as I saw it! Thank you very much for joining us at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! Glad you're having fun at The Outlawz!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooo cute! Love how you punched the honeycomb! Thanks so much for joining us at Penny's Crafty-Creations this week!
    Manderly
    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! I love anything "bee-y", so this makes me smile! Thanks for playing with my "stitchy" challenge this week! And I know just what you mean about popsicle toes, too!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh this card is filled with Spring, I love it and am ready, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your CAS card aand the little bee -I have always been fasinated by bees -thanks for joining us at Artistic inspirations
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how sweet! I really, really love that image and your faux stitching looks better than my real stitching! :(
    Such a cute CAS card, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is lovely and your card is great. I really like the honeycomb cut out. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super card Donna, love the cut work. Thanks for playing along @ MAWTT this week.
    Happy Crafting
    Carole xXx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bee-utiful card and thank you for joining us at Nutcrafters for the recent challenge and good luck :)
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!