Friday, May 24, 2013

May Freebie Challenge at Sparkle and Glitter


Just sneaking in for the May Freebie Challenge at the Sparkle and Glitter BlogRick St Dennis MFA has kindly provided two fabulous images this month, one on S&G and one on his darker Blog, Airless Chambers.  Of course I planned to do both, but life got in the way.  I bit off more than I could chew with my Singing Zombie project and fear it will have to wait for another day.  I did manage to come up with something for the lovely Paris High Fashion Hat Lady.  My wall hanging started with a papier mache heart which I covered with Parisian DP from GDC.  The Eiffel Tower was cut on my Cricut, embossed and popped.



I printed the gorgeous image twice so I could add some dimension to her hat (which unfortunately doesn't show in the pic).  The feather is a found one from my morning walks.  I tried using Flower Soft on her fur but it didn't give me the look I was going for so I cut and trimmed some marabou to drape around her shoulders.  She's colored quite subtly with Copics and the long earrings are metal tassels from Tim Holtz.  (OOh La La!  I'm tellin' ya, I'd KILL for that ensemble.)  There's a bit of tulle and some gems here and there to gussy it all up further.  Now, I'd best get this published and loaded to the challenge, but not before I thank Rick for his fabulous images and this fun challenge.  Be sure to visit his SHOP to see the huge variety of images available and subscribe to his newsletter to find out all the scoop (and maybe get some freebies ;D)

4 comments:

  1. Just stunning, Donna. Love the use of those tassels. Just perfect. Nice and subtle color palette, just like you.
    Hugs,
    Glo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is super, What a great creation, Thanks for playing on Ricks Challenge for May, Love Hazel RSD EDT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't understand how you don't have loads of comments on this one. Superb work. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh...beautiful. It's a fabulous piece I love every bit of it.
    I didn't manage to put her in the right light - I just did the singing zombie.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!