Friday, March 14, 2014

Lacy Sunshine Dark vs Light Challenge

Well, I just couldn't let it go.  My first entry into the Lacy Sunshine Dark vs Light FB Challenge used a Boo image, but the dark side still beckoned.  (Big surprise, LOL!)  So I went to work with Amelia (possibly my all time FAVE image) and created this.  Unfortunately, I seem to have missed the deadline because I couldn't upload it in the challenge folder.  BooHoo!  The card is 6x6 square and I popped Amelia on the front and fussy cut around her to shape the front flap.

Amelia is colored with Copics in shades of pink and grey.  Was able to find the same patterned DP in the two colors as well.   I've used a scrap from my Spellbinders Arch die and a bat border punch on the front and also added a Glo skull from my Minion sister Creepy Glo's Etsy shop to her bow.  (LOVE!)  And when you open the card, VOILA!


Amelia is all boofy (beautiful) and light.  This took a fair amount of cropping flipping and welding the light side of Amelia in my Printmaster Pro program and I wasn't even sure it would turn out, but WOOHOO.  Pretty cool, eh?  Isn't it amazing what love can do?  (This one is obviously for my man!)
 


The inside dies are are from a long discontinued Spellbinders Fleur di Lis Medallions set accented with some silver flat backed beads.

I'm entering this in the Left of Center ATG Anniversary Celebration Challenge, and the Fan-tastic Tuesday ATG (but must be square) challenge.


 

9 comments:

  1. Cute Design....thank you for joining us over at Fan-Tastic Tuesday, I hope you will join us again next week for another fun challenge...
    Hugs
    Suzy B~Owner~ Fan-Tastic Tuesday
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh oh oh this is divine, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, wow, wow!! This is an amazing card Donna! I love, love the papers and SB's you used and that image is just awesome. You have it colored so great and then to make the sweet side of this image the whole image is amazing! You rocked this one Donna. So sad you couldn't link it up. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna you have done such a fabulous job w/ this image. Love the pinks and grays, beautiful coloring and just such a well to put card all round. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic!!!! That image is brilliant and your colours work perfectly together. I love the subtle difference in the dark and light side, it really makes you look twice at the image!

    <3 & hugs
    Lisa xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome work. The light and dark side of you captured perfectly xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am picking my jaw off the floor...this is stunningly creepy! LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Donna, you little powerhouse of crafting goodliness...!
    Another fab project from the queen of blog challenges! :D
    You're so inventive Hunni!
    Thank you so much for entering into the fun over at LOC!
    Hugs
    Eiglas (DT)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so, so, so, so love what you have done here it is cracking. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!