Monday, June 9, 2014

Aurora Wings New Release Memento Mori


There's a gorgeous new stamp premiering today at Aurora Wings called Memento Mori.  Now you know I love me some skulls and this one, lying amonst the gorgeous poppies makes me swoon!  You can find the meaning of "Memento mori", as well as fabulous creations from my teamies using this gorgeous new digi on the AW Showcase Blog HERE.


Here's a closeup view all colored up with Copics.  I chose to do the poppies in red to truly make them POP.  Lots of fussy cutting going on too.


Did you know that Mitzi also has a variety of floral borders and corners that coordinate with her beautiful stamps?  I've used a Poppy corner to balance my design here, but there are many more gorgeous floral stamps available in both sets and individually HERE.  They are perfect to combine with her fantasy stamps or elegant on their own.


I've made a tent card, cutting the window with my Spellbinders Labels 17 and framed it with the largest of the Spellbinders Timeless Rectangles.  I used the second largest of the dies to cut the opening window with my craft knife.  The intricate web, floating through the center, is a Memory Box die.

I'm entering this in the Corrosive Crop it or Cut it Challenge, Left of Center using the LOC theme, Creative Knockouts Die Cuts/Punch Frenzy, the Fitztown Favorite Colors challenge (black, white, red)  and A Step in the Dark ATG.

9 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for being a part of yet another DT showcase of a new release today, Donna. I love your sensitive coloring (how you didn't miss the detail of the seed pods makes me happy LOL) - the red and black is complimented so perfectly with that shade of green that's just right. As we've come to know, you are the Queen of fussy cut. Every detail adds to the visual puch of the whole. I can never express with words just how thrilled I am to have you on my team. Hugs, Mitzi xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wow!!! Amazing card Donna, love the layout, the shaped card, love the dies you've used and those images from Aurora Wings are just stunning - your colouring is awesome as always!! Thanks for joining us At The Movies this fortnight at Left of Center! Mo dt coordinator xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna - you did it again! Mitzi's artwork is indeed amazing but you superb colouring brought it to life! Love how you added the Poppy Corner to this beautiful new image as well.Thanks for joining us at A Step in the Dark this time - good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna, stunning color and detail, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna, stunning color and detail, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donna this is one stunning card, I love the image, great colour use too, thank you for sharing with us at A Step in the Dark, good luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely gorgeous! Just loving that pop of red. Thanks for joining us at Fitztown Challenge Blog. Hope to see you again and good luck!
    Ema
    FCB DT Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Donna I love black white and red. Fabulous ...
    Thanks for joining us at A Step In The Dark Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very, very late with my commenting...but I loved this one so much I went and bought the divi. Love red and black; stunning project. Thanks for playing with us at LOC. xxx Keren

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!