Thursday, January 1, 2015

All You Need is Love


I'm so excited to start my New Year off on a brand new DT.  I'm a proud new member of the Gecko Galz and this is my first project using elements of the fab new January products now available at the Gecko Galz Etsy Shop.  I've used digital stamps from the All You Need is Love Digital Stamp Set and images from the Love So Devine Collage sheet.  This sheet is exclusive the those who join the brand new Monthly Kit club.  Read more about it HERE.  The January kit is available individually HERE, as well, but this special sheet (quite swoon worthy, I'd say) is only available to those who subscribe.


The new challenge is


and the only requirement (besides following the theme, of course) is to use at least product from Gecko Galz, including freebies you can nab on the Pinterest Board or the free collage sheet you can get by subscribing to the Newsletter (little blue box, top left hand side of the Challenge Blog.)


At first, I did this entire project digitally, by cropping some of the digital stamps, recoloring them in my Printmaster Platinum Program and pasting them (digitally) onto the largest stamp (note the lips and the red hearts).  Then I added resized images from the collage sheet and framed them  in black.  The result was just too flat for me, so I reprinted and fussy cut the lips and hearts, coated them with Glossy Accents and popped them on top.  Did the same with the kissy couples, added some peel off corners and I was much more pleased with the result.  Working with collage sheets and ephemera is pretty new to me and I'm just starting to get the hang of it, but I'm enjoying every minute.  Please visit the Challenge Blog to see the fabulous inspiration by my DT sisters and come join us.

  

5 comments:

  1. this is a gorgeously constructed piece, I love it. welcome to the team! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute project and congrats on the DT. Thanks for playing along with Mema's Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great project Donna - love the black and white and pops of red!
    Thanks for playing along at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your DT position. Great project. Thanks for playing with us at Mema's Crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the dimension you gave to your project by elevating some elements! Really gorgeous!
    Thank you so much for your nice comment.
    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!