Saturday, January 30, 2016

Some Bunny Loves U


Here's another challenge I've been meaning to enter more often.  I adore Lizzy's quirky images at Oddball Art and I've used Betty Biter and Lindy Lamebrain for the Oddball Art All You Need is Love Challenge.  They're both colored with Copics, in some of my fave zombie colors, and when I decided to use a mixed media background, I outlined my quirky fussy cutting with black.  I'll be the first to admit I have trouble with "artsy" backgrounds.  I totally admire those who can stamp and stencil and doodle and splatter and it turns out all layered and fab.  I buy everything I think looks cool to try and then get frustrated when mine turn out like THIS!



THIS is my first attempt using Brushos.  YUK!  I did a few more and promptly put them in a box, possibly never to be experimented with again.  However, today I found the box, and my first feeble attempts, and lo and behold the BACK of this crap piece ended up being the base of my card.  I guess I must have sopped up the leftovers from my craft sheet.  WooHoo!  (Does that count as technique?  Wouldn't want to piss Edna off.)  Then, I actually used a rubber stamp, Dinky Splattered Heart by IndigoBlu, in the background, some letter stickers, and an ancient alpha die set by Cuttlebug for the sentiment and a scrap of DP to ground the images.  I kinda like it.  Maybe I'll mess around with this stuff again.

I'm also entering this in  the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers "T" is for Technique challenge, 




the Oddball Art January FB challengethe Outlawz Saturday Paper a la Mode ATG/Use Two Different Media Challenge, Left of Center ATGSimon Says Wednesday ATG, Where the Heart Is #5 ATG and Forever Dark ATG.

5 comments:

  1. hi Donna! I adore this card, the background is amazing, fabulously done! so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to see how you found a way to use your first brushos creation. Your card is super fun - the images are hauntingly cute! I like every media and thing you did on this one! Even your story is fun. Missed your creations - I need to drop by more. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!! Glad you came back to the sisterhood! We've missed ya!
    I can't do artsy backgrounds either...but yours is awesome!
    Thanks for joining the SISTERHOOD OF SNARKY STAMPERS for "T is for Technique"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sopping up leftovers from craft mat — if it's not already a recognized technique, it should be! Looks awesome. Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers — Edna missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that technique is perfect as happy accidents lead to all sorts of techniques. The zombie stamps are cute! Thanks for playing along with the Snarky Sisterhood!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!