Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Charlie Who?


Another birthday card for a couple of challenges using the fabulous Charlie Who by Sandra Caldwell.  I'm afraid, in my world, this is the next milestone birthday (for the men, anyway ;D).  613 Avenue Create has the optional twist of make it masculine, the Outlawz Sunday CAS challenge calls card with a numerical age on it, and there's still some time for the Simon Says Wednesday Happy Birthday challenge.  WooHoo!

Here's a closeup of Charlie Who.  I don't make many cards with a male figure on them, but I gotta say, I LOVE this image.  He made the CAS format easy.  His expression cracks me right up and he was so fun to color, entirely with Copics, in monochrome warm and neutral grays.  I added the number in my Printmaster Program and thought the film strip ribbon and dots balanced the design out nicely.



Hope the sentiment gives you a chuckle.  I thought is was pretty clever (if I do say so myself).

I'm also adding this to the DL.Art April Linky Challenge, Dream Valley ATG, Craft Your Passion ATG, TTRCD ATG April 12-18AAA ATG and SOSS "J" is for Joke (okay, so not as funny as some of them, but I still think it's cute).





15 comments:

  1. Fab card Donna! Love that image! As it happens, my dad is a Charlie AND he's turning 70 in a few weeks!
    Thanks so much for coming back to the sisterhood for J is for Joke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant card Donna, Love the image you used and the sentiment. Perfectly coloured too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card and image! Perfect sentiment for Charlie and the birthday! Thanks for joining in the fun at the SoSS J is for Joker challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Took me a minute- "not talkin'" - then I got it! It is too funny! Love the CAS look and the film strip is perfect. Thank you so much for sharing your project and creativity at 613 Ave C!
    ~ginny, DT for 613 Ave C: [ATG/ Twist: Male card]
    Owner: RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! Great image and coloring. Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion. Hope to see you again on the next challenge! Good luck!!! Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing!! Your coloring is over the top! and your fun image and inside sentiment is well.. amazing! LOL

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me again : ) I just noticed on your sidebar that you live in Livermore! I have a daughter and two grand children in Livermore : )

    If you see them give them a hug for me : ) heeheehee

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun card. The image is great. Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card. LOVE the image and the way you've colored it. Great idea to use the film strip. Goes great with the image that really calls Charlie Chaplin to mind. Thanks so much for linking up and playing with us at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a great stamp! And your silent film reference to NOT TALKING is very clever. Thanks for playing along in our J is for Joke challenge at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the sentiment and the image. They are great. Thanks for joking with the Sisterhood.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your sentiment is brilliant! I agree, that is one fab image, and great the way you've coloured him. Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a lovely image and I love the card.
    Thanks for playing with us at Craft your Passion.
    Good luck, Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  14. fun card! thanks for sharing with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!