Tuesday, June 14, 2016

New Release for The East Wind


Sorry, I've been rather remiss in blogging these days.  My craft room is completely torn up and I'm struggling with some mojo issues, the weather has beckoned me outside and well, you know how it goes.  However, this gorgeous new image from The East Wind called Yeon Hong got me moving in the right direction.  I've used digital paper from Gecko Galz for the background and originally printed it in the totally transparent png form right on the DP and again with the NB png to color (with Copics) and fussy cut around Yeon Hong herself, minus the veil, to let the background DP show through the transparent "fabric". Clear as mud?



Anyway, the best laid plans don't always work out, as I colored the image and loved it so much, I was afraid to cut away the veil.  Besides, some of the background area was so dark, I was afraid the veil would be completely lost, so I fussy cut her with the veil and then used my Copics to fill in a slightly lighter version of the DP.  Not much in the way of embellies, as the digi paper had a lot going on, but I did think the cherry blossom branch and flower stickers lightened the mood somewhat.  I think she's really elegant, don't you?

Our FB challenge, "Crop It" is on through June 17th and we begin a new Blog challenge on June 15th.  Hope to see you all join in. 

Here are of all the important links you need.

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous, Donna! Love this beautiful image and gorgeous paper! Your colouring is outstanding - as always! I don't think you're struggling with mojo at all, but I hear you on the beautiful weather! Thank you for your comment on my Pocket Letter - you warmed my heart and made my day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!