Thursday, September 8, 2016

Don't Worry. Bee Happy!


Well, it's been awhile since I joined in the Outlawz Sunday CAS challenge, and when I saw this week's theme was Birds, Bees, Flowers and Trees, I knew just what to do.  Yeah, I can't top singin' the song now either.  LOL  It just so happens that while Sandra Caldwell in on vacation, her DT coordinator Holley planned a little contest on the Sandra Caldwell Stamp Fans FB page and chose 3 of her favorite "oldies" from the Sandra's Etsy Shop and reduced them to $2.00 each through September 16th.  This cutie is #565 Bernie Bee.

Okay, so this needed to be CAS for The Outlawz challenge, so I thought embossing was the way to go.  Unfortunately, I KNOW I have a honeycomb embossing folder, but could I find it?  NNNNoooooo!  It turned out okay after all, though, because in my search I came across and old Cuttlebug Emboss Plus folder (called "Carly") I'd never even used.  It just happened to have the perfect center cut out and the embossing is flowers and vines.  WooHoo!



Here's a closeup of #565 Bernie Bee.  I've colored him with Copics, fussy cut and popped him in the center of the die cut oval.  I've also added a bit of Diamond Glaze to his glasses for shine.  He was kind of floating up there so I also added a checked flower, I cut in half, for him to stand on.  The sentiment is computer generated.  You can find more info about Holley's Favorites Oldies Contest and links to the other discounted images HERE.



BTW, last night I met up with Sandra Caldwell in PERSON!  She and her hubby are such sweeties and we had the best time!  Thanks so much for taking time out of your vacation schedule to meet us, Sandra.  We had a ball!

I'm entering this in the DL.Art September Linky Challenge, TTRCD ATG 9/6-9/12 and Not Just Cards ATG.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making my day!