Sunday, September 25, 2016

Fall Coffee Lover's Blog Hop




I've been seeing my friends participate in the Fall Coffee Lovers Blog Hop and decided to join in too.  I immediately thought of #499 Caffeine Hippo by Sandra Caldwell.  She makes me laugh.  I'd sworn off coffee for several years (we drink the REALLY heavy duty stuff and I didn't like the way it stained my teeth) but eventually I went off the wagon.  I'm now the poster child for oral hygiene and my multi phased approach and pearly whites have earned me the praise and adoration of my hygienist and doctor.  Honestly, they were SHOCKED that I was imbibing again. (Oh, if ONLY I'd have my wisdom teeth removed they'd love me 4EVAH).

Anyway, Caffeine Hippo looks like she has the major jitters after cup 3.  Funny how I never got any major buzz before, nor withdrawal symptoms when I stopped, but now my friends can tell just how many cups I've had when we talk on the phone.  LOL 

I've used the Outlawz Wednesday Sketch for this week and digital paper and frames for Caffeine Hippo.  The ribbon from my stash looked like the yummy crema on top of my cup every morning.  UMMMmm....  I wasn't exactly sure how to make this a "Fall" coffee card so I used leaf brads at the ends of the ribbon.



Here's a closeup of #499 Caffeine Hippo. I colored her and her empty cups with Copics, in the warm colors of Fall, to further the theme.  Now I think I'll go have a cuppa.  Happy Day!

I'm also entering this in the DL.Art September Linky Challenge and the DL.Art "Fall" Challenge

17 comments:

  1. What a sweet image she is! Love this cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her. She's adorable! Also...I still have my wisdom teeth too! I will never let them go. I need all the smarts I can get! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card!!! And please share your pearly white secrets..to other coffee lovers. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! So nice to see you joining the hop, Donna! Love your cute card! Such a fun image! My favourite coffee cards are the ones with a cute critter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute image and your coloring is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That hippo is such a cutie...love the card you made with him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that hippo! Just too cute! The background paper is great too! Thanks for playing along with us at DL.ART Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! Love that image and your coloring is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!