Tuesday, September 6, 2016

New Release at The East Wind


I'm excited to show you the latest release from The East Wind called Lucy Loo 'Dreaded'.  Isn't she gorgeous?   I've double matted her made a burlap canvas with embellishments from Tim Holtz and a tag from Graphic 45 Tropical Travelogue. She looks like a free spirit to me and I thought the theme fit this dreamy eyed beauty.



Here's a closeup of Lucy Loo 'Dreaded'.  It's a softer pencil sketch than many of the East Wind images and I was inspired to color in monochromatic tones.  The majority was done with Copics, with just a few stroked of Prismacolor pencils in her hair.  BTW, the entire hairdo, including the dreads was done with one color, E32.  I was hoping to capture the texture of the dreads and remembered a tutorial I found on Rhea Weigand's Blog about using the end of a small stiff paint brush, rubbing it against the brush end of your Copic marker (I actually dipped it in Copic reinker) and pouncing it lightly on the page. Thanks, Rhea!  Anyway, that's what I did to get the sort of "fuzzy" base. Because the dreads were sort of close together, I then shaded with tiny dots in the same color until I was satisfied rather than try to pounce with a darker color and possibly losing control and blurring the individual strands.  I do really love the way it turned out.



Here are the embellies.  I imagined Lucy Loo on a journey, wandering in search of paradise, even if only in her mind.  I'm right there with her...every day.

Don't forget the current FB Contest, RU Kidding Me? which runs through the 17th and the current Blog challenge, Shine On, which runs through the 10th.  Hope to see you there.  The East Wind is also participating in the Storybook challenge in Markers! Papers! Digis! FB Group and you can grab the special $1.00 digi, Storybook Animals HERE.


Here are of all the important links you need.

7 comments:

  1. hello donna! awesome card! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool image - You created amazing texture on her locs. Thanks for sharing your talent with us at 613 Avenue Create.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your treatment of this image! The coloring is fantastic and the use of burlap is an elevating element! Thanks for Rocking with us this week at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah Harris, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a wonderfully coloured image!! I adore it! Well done on something amazing! Thanks for joining us over at LOC#146 feisty ladies. Michelle DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. your colouring is superb. love the hair. thank you for sharing it with us at TTCRD and good luck, Theresa DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful project and your coloring is stunning. Thanks for playing along in the 613 Avenue Create Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Natalie
    INKognito

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!