Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Peeka BOO!


I seem to be in full Halloween mode and had a ball with a new image from Sandra Caldwell, #1061 Jolly Jacko.  I've noticed the use of colored paper straws in crafting the and bought some Halloween ones quite awhile ago and thought I'd make a little wall for Jacko to peek over.  I trimmed them to fit the bottom of the Spellbinders Labels 28 dies I used for the image and mat of my card.  they were the perfect colors for the limited color scheme I had in mind. the mat is embossed with the Cuttlebug Polka Dots folder because I planned to enter this in the Outlawz Festive Fridays challenge again for Polka Dot Day.  I've used black Alpha Beads and buttons with the shanks removed for the sentiment.



Here's a closeup of #1061 Jolly Jacko.  I can't decide whether that smile is goofy or maniacal, but he does make me giggle.  He's colored with Copics and I've added a little array of dots in the background to further the polka dot theme.  (OOOOh, looky!  there's some on the straw, too)  He'd look equally cute peeking over a spooky fence, don'tcha think?

I'm entering this in the DL.Art September Linky challenge, Cards und More No Designer Paper, Cuttlebug Mania ATG with Die Cuts, Stampart Papel Retarte #85 ATG with a Halloween Twist, Colouring in Scrapland CAS (or Fully Loaded),
and Come and Get it Polka Dots.





5 comments:

  1. That Jolly Jacko is just adorable! I love how you made the wall with straws! Such a fun Halloween card. Thanks for joining us at DL.ART Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card. Great use of the polka dot embossing folder. Thank you for joining us at Come And Get It challenge. Bunny DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite interesting. Love the thick letters, your image, and your LO!
    Peace,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Halloween card !
    Thank you for join us at the Come and Get It Challenge.
    Hope we see you soon !
    Good luck.
    Jesssica DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the clean lines of your Halloween card and the use of the buttons is such a great idea.
    Thanks for linking up at CuM. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!