Saturday, September 24, 2016

The Outlawz Freebie/Progressive Challenge


This is my second month playing in the Outlawz Freebie/Progressive challenge and September's image is this adorable Sunflower Mouse from Di's Digi Stamps. I'm not sure if he was drawn especially for the Outlawz, but you can find tons of adorable mice from Di HERE, in her shop, or quickly join the Progressive Challenge to request this image.  You have 'til the end of the month to finish a project and then you'll get the next month's freebie with which to play.  Usually I don't plan my papers prior to coloring, but this time I did, but then couldn't find the paper I had in mind.  (Big surprise!)  Luckily I came across this Designer Mat Pad from K&Co with a bicycle basket of sunflowers and the perfect place to perch the little mouse.  WooHoo! Hadn't really planned to fussy cut him either, (but hey, ya do what ya gotta do) and popped him right on there and added a little twine bow from DL.Art so I could also enter it in Di's Digi Design Challenge.  I cropped the mat to a square for my card and cut off 2 butterflies from the top so I fussy cut one of them to add as well.


Here's a closeup of Sunflower Mouse.  He's colored with Copics and I've added some shading and fur detail with Prismacolor pencils.  

I'm adding him to the DL.Art September Linky Challenge, the DL.Art Thankful Thursday "Fall" challenge (It's actually also a Thank you card.  The inside says "Thanks a bunch!"), and Di's Digi Design Ribbon, Lace and/or Twine challenge.

7 comments:

  1. Super cute Donna, I love all your fall colors. The kitty is adorable and th layer yellow flowers really pop. Thanks for joining the DL.ART THANKFUL THURSDAY CHALLENGE #189 "FALL" have a blessed day DIANA L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Donna, your colouring is awesome thankyou so much for your lovely comments xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the cutest mouse! Your colouring is amazing (as always)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this mouse is so darn cute, unlike the pesky ones around here. I love the way you put him in a bunch of sunflowers. I hope you are keeping cool-it is so hot..Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday Challenge. KatieO-DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I am in love with that sweet mouse! The sunflowers look amazing! Thanks for playing along with us at DL.ART Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Donna. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Digi Designs. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute card Donna. Thank for playing with us at Di's Digi challenge.
    Nathalie DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!