Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Cat Lover's Blog Hop Day 3


Well, looky here, I'm still in it.  It's Day 3 of the Cat Lover's Blog Hop at Her Peaceful Garden and I'm here to show something unexpected.  While commenting on the fab Bingo ATC's on KT's Fit Kitty's Blog I was intrigued by the vintage images she used that took me back to my childhood.  One had a link to ChouxChoux Paper Art.  I poked around there a bit and found THIS POST that had the cutest little Origami Cat Treat Box with a Youtube link to instructions and a fab little freebie printable for a tag and/or card.  Since I had no idea what I was doing for today's Hop post, why not do some origami?



At 4:30 in the morning, this isn't the easiest thing to make, especially when using heavy black card stock instead of origami paper, but Lori at ChouxChoux Paper Art had some tips that helped. I decided to deck out my kitty with a felt witch's hat, some eyelash yarn whiskers, a crinkle ribbon bow from DL.Art, and a little orange bead nose.  I've tied up some candy corn in tulle and tied it with Halloween twine and added the FREE PRINTABLE tag from ChouxChoux Paper Art.



Here's a closeup of the tag from ChouxChoux Paper Art (thanks to Lori and KT for sending me there).  I've used Spellbinders die to cut and mount the cute kitty. Sentiment is part of the printable.  WooHoo!




Thank you Janis and your fabulous sponsors for all the fun and inspiration at the Cat Lover's Blog Hop.  There are daily prizes and lots of ways to win cool cat schtuff.  You don't even have to make a project.  Check it OUT!

I'm also adding this to Simon Says Wednesday ATG, the Outlawz Monday Greetings Animal Antics challenge and DL.Art October linky Challenge.

22 comments:

  1. Wow, you did a beautiful job with that sweet kitty treat box and I love all the details like the orange tulle, twine and eyelash fiber whiskers.
    kladd94803 at aol.com
    usa

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is very beautiful!
    love it
    Fiki from Croatia fikreta.posavec@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG !! How super awesome... well done Donna for managing to do that with card !!! Your creation is adorable and thank you for the links :-D
    I think I will come knocking at your house for trick or treat hee hee

    Hugz
    IKE xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the link on how you did the origami cat! I want to try to make one some day. (USA - dcomer1 gmail)

    ReplyDelete
  5. :-( Oh, I tried the link to go see and it says it's broken :-( Can't find a print out or anything for the origami box either :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a link to the video in the Choux Choux post that says "This Post", but I also linked the words "Youtube link" now. Hope that helps. xxx

      Delete
    2. Yep... got it now. Thank you Donna xxx

      Delete
  6. Check this out! This is awesome! I love origami... I mean I love to look at what other people make with it. If I try to make, it makes me weep. So cool!
    PJ from US, princessjudy4 @ yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna, this is purr-fect! Such a sweet black kitty with his bead nose and eyelash yarn whiskers. How very clever. Thanks for the links. x
    caroleannjones2 (at) msn (dot) com
    UK

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this is just so fun & fabulous!
    A purr-fect Halloween decoration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOOOOH, you made the origami kitty of Lori's! OMGoodness, I love this! I haven't had the courage to try it yet - yours looks amazing - what a beautiful Halloween decor item! I hope you will let Lori know - please leave her a comment and a link to your project - she would be tickled pink to see this! She is such a nice lady and very generous with freebies all the time. A real cat lover too! I am so happy I could inspire you, Donna! AWESOME project for the hop!

    KT Fit Kitty
    Canada
    fitkitty1 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very creative I hope you win.,,,,,,Lis

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! At 4:30 in the morning I can barely get up to pee, never mind make something this lovely! I love all your little touches, like the whiskers and the hat - beautiful! Christi ~ StampinDiva at yahoo dot com ~ USA

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my that box is adorable! I will have to check out that link. banaszakv58atgmaildotcom USA

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so creative. And so fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You did do a beautiful job on your project! Nice! Tee
    USA thealteredpaper(at)gmail

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Your origami cat box is absolutely adorable! Who wouldn't love receiving that! Perfect Black Cat for Halloween Treats! Thanks for playing along with us at DL.ART Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome project!!!

    raggiodiluce82 at gmail dot com

    Italy

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG, this is the cutest idea EVER! I love love LOVE this! Really fresh and fun!
    Take Care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cool project!
    slrdowney at hotmail dot com USA

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome Halloween project. Love it. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge. Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, I can so relate to crafting (or more likely blogging) at 4:30 am. And usually it is the 4:30 am at the END of my day, not the beginning! Ugh.

    This project is brilliant. Big kitty kudos for managing it with cardstock. Wow. It's so cute. Great little treat decor box!!! Love how you did the whiskers. Clever!!

    Thank you so much for participating in the 2016 Cat Lovers Hop!!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!